4/1/13 :: Busy, busy!!!!
As I'm sure you've noticed, I haven't had time to update the site lately... a fortunate problem to have. (Hey, I'm freelancer! I'm thrilled to be busy working!!) I hope to update more regularly at some point, but in the meantime I wanted to let you know what was up. In case you're THAT curious... I'm so social media old school that I've been updating the site using archaic html coding like "href" and "p." If you even know those references, then you must be legit... or old too. I was using Microsoft Frontpage, but my Mac doesn't support it. What can I say? I like to mix old and new... and make life more difficult for myself. (I'd also like to add that--although I'm well versed in Wordpress--I believe it is for sissies! J/K) No joke, I've been blogging so long (since 1997, baby!) that it wasn't even called "blogging" then. Anyway. The point is: forgive my lack of updates, but be sure to check out the "Published Features" section for all the latest. And you can always find me on Twitter at @LindziScharf. XO
1/7/13 :: Angeleno Magazine...
It's been 2013 for months now... in my head. I'm always pitching stories at least three months out since that's how far in advance monthly magazines work. I'd been counting the days for my latest Angeleno Magazine / January 2013 piece to hit newsstands and the day is finally here!
In other news, below are links to a few recent InStyle.com items (and, yes, you'll notice a slight trend):
That's entertainment for now. Award season awaits. Stay tuned for more Hollywood happenings... Soon!
12/4/12 :: Holiday Shopping...
Hope holiday shopping is treating you well. I'm not going to lie. I haven't even started. (Though I highly suggest donating to CNN's Heroes. I was brought to tears by the fantastic work of this year's honorees. Click here to donate.) In the meantime, I've been busy talking up a storm with your favorite stars about their holiday shopping habits. Check out a few of my favorite items:
Other pieces from the last couple weeks:
11/24/12 :: Hollywood Film Awards...
Can't believe award season is almost here. What is it Groundhogs Day? Wasn't award season just last week? I guess another year has passed. Insane. To kick things off, the Hollywood Film Awards gathered some of this year's most promising talent. I was thrilled to catch up with each and everyone of of the following individuals:
11/19/12 :: American Music Awards & Twilight...
Why does my life feel like I'm in a perpetual state of catch up? Or maybe everyone feels this way? (And if you don't, please, just say you do. It's a lesson my husband has learned over time.) Per usual, things have been busy. Here are a few of my favorite items from over the past month:
10/22/12 :: WWD & More...
I recently had the privilege of attending the amfAR Inspiration Gala where Sarah Jessica Parker, Kate Hudson, and Katy Perry honored their agent Kevin Huvane for his off-duty work as an AIDS research advocate. I wrote about the night for Women's Wear Daily. Give it a read by clicking here.
Other favorite items from the last several weeks:
10/1/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
My first Angeleno Magazine piece is on newsstands now. I had the pleasure of chatting with New Girl's Hannah Simone about her beauty and workout secrets. Click here to check it out. (PS--if you haven't seen the show yet, you are missing out. It's one of my favorite comedies right now!!)
9/25/12 :: The Emmy's...
No surprise, Emmy night is always a who's who of gorgeous girls and I was lucky enough to catch up with a few of my favorites. We talked shop about their breathtaking frocks. Below are a few links of my coverage:
9/19/12 :: New York Fashion Week...
It's been a crazy couple weeks, but I'm thrilled to share the latest now that I've (briefly) come up for air.
I paid NYC a visit for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week where many of my favorite designers debuted their spring/summer 2013 collections. Click here to check out my photo diary from the week.
Below are a few of my favorite items:
8/15/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
Check out the new September issue of InStyle Magazine. I have a piece on City Year's Destination Education Benefit featuring Jon Hamm, Dianna Agron, Liam Hemsworth, and more! The night drew a spirited crowd eager to support the wonderful work City Year LA is doing. Click here to read more about the event.
7/31/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
I have a feature inside InStyle Magazine's August issue from the "My Valentine" Soiree with Sir Paul McCartney. The morning after the event, my mother SQUEALED when she found out I had crossed paths with her childhood crush. "Your life has been made more special," she said in a squeaky voice I hardly recognized. (She didn't quite have the same reaction when I recently told her I'd spoken with Sarah Palin at the NBC TCA party. But, hey, my brother and brother-in-law were both pretty impressed.) In any case, read all about the night by clicking here.
Also, I recently covered Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic Con party where I caught up the Avenger's Joss Whedon, Olivia Munn (who is *always* a doll!), and the super talented Darren Criss. EW always throws the best shindigs. Check it out for yourself. Click here to watch video from the night.
My other recent online items include:
7/9/12 :: Summertime Soirees...
Forgive my brevity. No time to write a formal update. Instead, I'll leave you with links to my latest online items...
6/12/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
I have a new feature in InStyle Magazine's new July issue from the CFDA's Dinner with a Designer honoring the talented Jason Wu. The evening brought out a gaggle of gorgeous women including Ginnifer Goodwin, Olivia Munn, Krysten Ritter, Emma Roberts, and Gabrielle Union, who I had the pleasure of sitting with over dinner. (Gabrielle is hysterical! So naturally witty!) Click here to read my piece on the night.
Also, below are some of my favorite items from the last month:
5/31/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
The June issue of InStyle is currently on newsstands and it features my two latest pieces...
Also, currently online?
* My coverage from the Race to Erase MS with Khloe Kardashian in WWD.
5/8/12 :: Naeem Khan, Miley Cyrus, & more...
What a whirlwind several weeks! Last Wednesday, Designer Naeem Khan threw an intimate dinner at the Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood. He and his wife are so absolutely lovely--as were the company they kept. I had the pleasure of catching up with Julie Bowen, Jordana Brewster, Angie Harmon, and so many wonderful (and well dressed!) women--in Khan, of course. I wrote a piece on the night for Women's Wear Daily. Click here to check it out.
Below are recent items from the last month:
* Jason Wu's LA Supper with Ginnifer Goodwin, Emma Roberts, & Olivia Munn. (More in an upcoming InStyle issue!)
4/17/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
Be sure to check out today's issue of Women's Wear Daily. I wrote a piece about Sir Paul McCartney's "My Valentine" Launch Party held at his daughter's West Hollywood boutique. Gwyneth Paltrow, Gwen Stefani, and Jane Fonda were among the stars who joined in on the fun. Click here to reach my piece on the legendary night.
Also, I have three new features in the May issue of InStyle Magazine. They include:
3/22/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
Pick up the latest (April) issue of InStyle Magazine. It includes my three latest features from:
* The Warner Music Group's Post-Grammy Party with Blake Shelton, Estelle, & Matthew Morrison. The crowd turned out to watch Bruno Mars give a surprise performance. Click here to see the full coverage.
* RocNation's Pre-Grammy Brunch with Rihanna, Katy Perry, & Corrine Bailey Rae. Jay-Z's company threw the bash, but the new father was unable to attend. No matter, partygoers partied on in his honor. Click here to read more.
ALSO! Currently online:
3/7/12 :: On Newsstands Now...
Woah.... award season (and the last two+ months of my life!), where did you go? Where does time go? And why am I so addicted to designer consignment site TheRealReal.com? Actually, the following links can probably answer that for me. (After all, I need dresses for all of the shindigs I cover.)
First off--check out my two pieces in the March 2012 issue of InStyle.
1) The Children's Defense Fund's 21st Annual "Beat the Odds" Awards is one of my favorite events of the year. The night is always so inspiring and filled with unfathomable stories. This time, the gala attracted the likes of Zoe Saldana, Zachary Quinto, and Jurnee Smollett. Click here to read more.
2) Ali Larter opened her Hollywood Hills home for the Alain Mikli Toast which benefited children's charity Art of Elysium. A slew of stylish stars attended--including Busy Philipps, Olivia Munn, and Adam Scott. Click here to read more.
Also, check out my latest stories and videos online:
2/20/12 :: Award Season & Such...
So many events, so little time. Below are links to my recent videos and online coverage:
1/25/12 :: Busy, busy...
Too busy to type. Will do a formal update when I come up for air. In the meantime, below are a few of my recent InStyle items:
1/16/12 :: New Year, New Gigs...
The new year is already in full swing. Check out my latest InStyle links:
And watch videos from recent events:
12/22/11 :: The End (of the Year)...
As the end of the year draws near, I managed to slip in a few more items before taking off for the holidays. A few of my favorites:
12/14/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
My first piece of the New Year is on newsstands now!
InStyle's January 2012 issue includes my feature from the Dior Luncheon with Nicole Richie, Molly Sims, Lucy Hale, Shenae Grimes, and more. Click here to check it out online. (And be sure to pick up a hard copy as well.)
In other news, below are a few of my favorite links over the last month:
11/21/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
The December issue of InStyle is now on newsstands and it features my two latest pieces...
Breakfast wasn�t on the menu, but Dinner with Tiffany & Co. provided a new take on the classic. Halle Berry, Katie Holmes, Diane Kruger, and Ashley Greene were among those who commemorated the jewelry company's latest Frank Gehry collaboration�a collection of white bone china torque bangles hand painted by the famous architect. Admittedly, Berry had an ulterior motive as the night benefited her work with domestic violence victims at The Jenesse Center. �It�s a cause that�s near and dear to my heart,� she told me, before sitting down to dinner. Click here to check out my InStyle feature from the night.
Following Chris Benz's spring 2012 presentation, the pink-haired designer gathered a group of close friends at Top Chef alum Hung Huynh's New York eatery Catch. The menu featured roasted monkfish and bruleed banana splits, but the night's focus was on the host. "I loved his floor-length, green sequined dress," Eva Amurri told me. "I already told him, 'I'm going to wear it... don't let anybody else!' To be a grownup, you don't have to wear black all the time. He has such an eye for color." Sophia Bush, Katie Cassidy, and James Marsden also joined in on the evening's shenanigans. Click here to read my InStyle feature on the event.
10/24/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
Pick up the latest (November) issue of InStyle Magazine. It includes my feature on producer Jennifer Klein's annual Day of Indulgence. The afternoon affair attracted the likes of Tyra Banks, Miley Cyrus, and (oh yes!) CHER! It's always a spectacular gathering filled with positive energy and people. Click here to read my full coverage from the event.
ALSO! This past weekend, I chatted with Hayden Panettiere, Hailee Steinfeld, and Darren Criss at Variety's Power of Youth event where they were honored for their philanthropic efforts. Click here to watch my video interviews with the trio.
Other favorite tidbits from the past month:
* At a recent Dior Luncheon, Nicole Richie and Lucy Hale discussed their new hair styles. Click on each of their names to read more. (Also, full coverage from the event will be featured in an upcoming issue of InStyle. More on that soon.)
* During ELLE's Women in Hollywood gala, Michelle Pfeiffer, Naomi Watts, Katherine Heigl, and more shared their favorite thing about being female. Click here to read more. While there, I also spoke with Rachel Zoe about her crazy popular tuxedo dress.
* Emmanuelle Chriqui rocked eco-chic shorts at the Environmental Media Association Awards.
* Olivia Wilde has a new Revlon campaign.
* Andre Agassi, Quincy Jones, and Terrence Howard stopped by the Alfred Mann Foundation gala. Click here to watch my video interviews from the night.
Be sure to pick up a copy of InStyle's November issue on newsstands now!
9/21/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
I have two new pieces in the October issue of InStyle Magazine!
2) I also hit up InStyle's Summer Soiree which featured gorgeous couture and great conversations with Kristin Chenoweth, Diane Kruger, Lea Michele, Chris Pine, and Jessica Chastain. Click here to check it all out.
In other news, I just returned from New York Fashion Week. I managed to pack 25 events into 8 days! Insanity! Below are links to some of my coverage from the week:
8/22/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
Pick up the latest (September) issue of InStyle Magazine. It features my coverage from the mag's latest installment of Dinner with a Designer honoring Rachel Zoe. Cat Deeley, Jaime King, and Odette Annable were among the gorgeous girls who came out in support of the stylist turned designer. Click here to read up!
My other recent online items include:
* InStyle's Summer Soiree (also appearing in an upcoming InStyle issue!)
* Jennifer Klein's Day of Indulgence (also appearing in an upcoming InStyle issue!)
8/1/11 :: Ella Moss, Miu Miu, and more...
My favorite moments from the last couple weeks:
Ella Moss celebrated their 10th Anniversary with a soiree at Eveleigh in West Hollywood. Dianna Agron, Ashley Greene, and Nicole Richie were on hand in adorable dresses from the comfortable (yet chic) label. Click here to watch my video interviews with the girls.
Earlier in the week, I caught up with Kyle Richards from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. (I'll admit it. I can't wait for the new season!) While on hiatus, the reality star designed a collection of handbags slated for release this spring. Click here to read all about her new endeavor and what her fellow Housewives think.
I also stopped by
Miu Miu's Beverly Hills bash
held at a private mansion with panoramic views of the city.
Upon arrival, old fashion movie cameras aligned the entryway
while also setting the
7/19/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
A new month. A new issue. Two new features. Pick up the new (August) issue of InStyle Magazine to read all about:
* InStyle's latest installment of their Dinner with a Designer series featuring Tory Burch. Kristin Davis, Hailee Steinfeld, and Amber Heard were among the stars who wore new digs by the designer for a night out at Soho House in LA. Click here to read about Tory Burch's glamorous soiree.
* City Year's Spring Break: Destination Education Fundraiser with Emma Stone, Keri Hilson, and Olivia Munn, held on the Sony Pictures studio lot in Culver City, CA. Click here to learn more about the organization and their star-studded affair.
Read up online and pick up a hardcopy today!
7/17/11 :: The Royal Visit...
Hi friends! Last week was crazy hectic, but what a memory! In honor of Kate Middleton's first visit to America, I scurried off to Santa Barbara for the Audi sponsored Foundation Polo Challenge. Sure, the afternoon was similar to events I've attended before, but there was a real air of excitement in the room. Probably because Prince William and Kate Middleton were 20 feet away. From everyone. At some point. It was a truly intimate afternoon. Click here to read more about my experience.
After the Royal visit, I shifted my focus from Prince Willliam & Kate Middleton to wedding planning. The flowers, cake, and menu are now settled... and I'm pretty certain I've successfully convinced my mother NOT to sing a song dedicated to my father during the reception. (Side note: She doesn't sing. And she hates public speaking. How did this ever seem like a good idea?!) Anyway. Now that that's settled, I will shout out my Royal coverage which ran on InStyle.com:
Then, totally unrelated to the Royals... Horrible Bosses is in theaters now! I caught up with the film's director, Seth Gordon, who gave me the scoop on Jennifer Aniston's brunette tresses. Click here to read about that.
6/24/11 :: Rachel Zoe's New Collection (Oh and Maui)...
Aloha! Don't be jealous, but I just returned from Wailea where Megan Fox, Olivia Wilde, Garrett Hedlund, and Andrew Garfield were honored at the Maui Film Festival. For once, it was all play and no work--though I did provide moral support for my fianc� (Michael Buckner) who shot portraits of the gorgeous attendees. Click here to check those out.
Once back in LA, I headed to InStyle's Dinner with a Designer which celebrated Rachel Zoe's new namesake collection. The stylist may have been the guest-of-honor, but it was her three-month-old son Skyler who stole the show from his stroller. During cocktail hour, Zoe's celeb friends (like Ali Larter, Jaime King, and Cat Deeley) ooh-ed and aw-ed over the soiree's youngest attendee. Click here to read all about the night online. Additional coverage from the night will also appear in an upcoming issue of InStyle. Stay tuned for that. I promise to share once it hits newsstands. In the meantime, read more about Zoe's new collection and what she considers the most "surreal moment" of her career.
6/7/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
Pick up the latest (July) issue of InStyle Magazine. It features my coverage from Coach's Evening of Cocktails & Shopping, which benefited the Children's Defense Fund. Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Garner, and Ellen Pompeo were among the stew of stylish women who shopped in the name of a great cause. Christina Hendricks purchased a chic red bag from Coach's limited-edition Net-a-Porter collection. Meanwhile, Zoe Saldana carried my favorite item of the night--a hot pink reptile Coach clutch. Click here to read all about the evening. And be sure to get a hardcopy too!
In other accessory news, newly engaged Molly Sims showed off her sparkler at 10th Annual Chrysalis Butterfly Ball on July 11th. Before the ceremony (which honored her fianc� for his philanthropic efforts), she dished all the deets on her ring and how he proposed. Click here to read more.
6/7/11 :: Orlando Bloom, Rachel McAdams, and more...
Busy, busy. I've attended many events over the last month. The MTV Movie Awards aside, below are a few of my favorite moments:
This past weekend, I caught up with Orlando Bloom, Mark Ruffalo, Kevin Bacon, and Kyra Sedgwick who gathered for Global Green's 15th Annual Millennium Awards in Santa Monica. The Pirates of the Caribbean star attended with wife Miranda Kerr in support of the organization's initiative to green schools. Before the ceremony, Bloom told me: "One of the things that happened to me recently was that I had a kid, and so obviously I'm bringing my child into what I hope will be a greener future." Click here to watch my video interviews with the group.
In late May, Rachel McAdams' relationship with Michael Sheen went public. A day later, I caught up with her stylish suitor at the LA premiere of their new Woody Allen flick Midnight in Paris. When I asked Sheen if they trade fashion tips, he laughed, "I think it�s too soon to say how much we influence each other with clothes." Though he did say what he thought of McAdams' style. Click here to read more.
The next day, Hailee Steinfeld, Elle Fanning, and Aimee Teegarden were among the honorees at the Young Hollywood Awards. Before the show started, Teegarden told me a great story about her brief stint in retail between seasons of Friday Night Lights. Talented, beautiful, and humble? Now that's a triple threat! Click here to read about Teegarden's adventures at Hollister.
5/18/11 :: Chelsea Kane, Nicki Minaj, and more...
Things are heating up on Dancing with the Stars... Or so I've heard. I'm usually working when the show is on, but I always do my research before catching up with the crew. Chelsea Kane recently took a breather to support the Race to Erase MS Gala with Cindy Crawford and Paris Hilton. Click here to watch my video interviews from the fundraising affair.
Comely couple Hayden Panettiere and Wladimir Klitschko recently broke things off due to distance, but just days earlier Hayden and I discussed the boxer's influence on her style. Want to reminisce on happier times? Click here to read more.
Most recently, I hit up the Samsung Infuse Launch Party where Nicki Minaj, David Arquette, and Kelly Rowland enjoyed a night out at Milk Studios in Hollywood. Click here to watch my video interviews with the group.
In other (in-case-you-care) news, I just bought Tina Fey's memoir Bossypants. Man, she's funny. And I'm only on page six. That should tell you something. (Beyond the fact that I'm a lazy--I mean, BUSY--reader.) Every line is genius... much like her work on 30 Rock. Oh to be so naturally witty. Anyway. I highly recommend you pick up a copy... and read beyond page six. I plan to... when Hollywood slows down. (Or is that the equivalent of saying, "When hell freezes over?!") Oh well.
Another great read?? My friend Alexandra Robbin's latest book "The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth: Popularity, Quirk Theory, & Why Outsiders Thrive After High School." The title says it all. (And thank goodness it's true! My awkward teen years finally paid off post-college.) Let that be a lesson to any current outsiders. Like a good wine, we only get better with age. Read for yourself. Alex's book was released at the beginning of the month and it's already a New York Times Bestseller. So happy for her! Pick up a copy today!
4/25/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
Last week, I attended a Coach cocktail soiree on the rooftop of producer JJ Abram's Santa Monica production office. The night featured custom Coach decor, purses galore, and A-listers everywhere! (It had to be the biggest event since award season ended.) Scarlett Johansson, Jennifer Garner, and Amy Adams were among the actresses who eyed handbags from Coach's Spring 2011 and limited-edition Net-a-Porter collections. (Guests also previewed their upcoming Fall 2011 purses.) 100% of the night's sales benefited the Children's Defense Fund. My coverage will appear in an upcoming InStyle issue. I promise to link that up once it's available. In the meantime, click here to check out my online coverage of the affair.
4/17/11 :: Heidi Klum, Fergie, and more...
I got nostalgic today and started going through old interviews. (And when I say old. I mean OLD. From over 10 years ago.) Christina Aguilera. Britney Spears. Jason Mraz. We all were young once. I'm going to start re-releasing those clips on Twitter for fun. (Of course, you guys can check all of them at your leisure by visiting the "celeb interviews" section of this site.)
PS. Yes, I finally--begrudgingly--bit the bullet and joined Twitter. My name or handle or whatever you Twits call it is @LindziScharf. Still trying to figure out what all the hype is about, so tweet me with an explanation. (I'm not going to lie. I think it's a fad that will die out like My Space and everything else, but I'll give it a whirl. And I promise to update regardless of my personal feelings on the matter.)
In any case, onto what you really care about. The latest Hollywood happenings.
* In Santa Monica, Heidi Klum & Lisa Kudrow enjoyed shopping for a good cause at the LA Antique Show, which benefited PS Arts. Klum--who recently purchased a new home--brought along her interior designer. The duo indeed found key pieces for her new place. Click here to watch my video interviews from the event.
* At the Vivienne Westwood Opening in LA, Dita von Teese, Anna Kendrick, and Christina Hendricks showed the label love. The always eccentric designer was also on hand and she had an unusual message for fans. "Don't buy clothes!" she told me. I was momentarily speechless and confused. My furrowed eyebrows said as much. Luckily, she clarified, "When you do buy clothes, buy less, but choose well. Make it last. Make sure it�s something you can wear over again." Click here to read more about the night.
* The American Red Cross held their annual Red Tie Affair where they honored Josh Duhamel for his charitable contributions. Wife Fergie, Paris Hilton, and Pete Wentz were among the celebs who showed their support. Click here to watch my video interviews from the red carpet.
* Solange Knowles performed at the ELLE Women in Music concert, sponsored by J Brand jeans. Before hitting the stage, Solange and I talked tresses. (Not dresses. You read right. TRESSES.) She even compared her hair routine to that of her sister Beyonce's. Click here to learn more. That night, I also caught up with Paramore's Hayley Williams. We discussed her colored hair and how she manages it. (Clearly I have a one track mind right now.) The rocker even admitted she hopes to create her own line of dye. Interested? Click here to read up!
3/25/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
A new month. A new issue. Two new features:
* RocNation & Gucci's Pre-Grammy Brunch at the Soho House attracted Ellen Pompeo, Beyonce, and Rihanna. Click here to check out my coverage from the afternoon affair.
* The Bulgari Benefit raised money for Save the Children US and Artists for Peace & Justice, while attracting a crowd that included Demi Moore, Malin Akerman, and Gerard Butler. Click here to read more about the night.
Read up online and pick up a hardcopy today!
3/23/11 :: Last Month's Highlights...
Whoops. Where does the time go?? I know! I sound like my grandmother every time I say that, but I had no idea that it's been so long since my last update. Life truly gets in the way of life. Sorry 'bout that. So, here are the highlights of what you missed:
* The Tom Ford Store Opening in Beverly Hills with Eva Longoria, Rosario Dawson, and the ubiquitous Rachel Zoe. "My water could break as I stand here," joked the pregnant stylist, as she checked out Mr. Ford's new digs. While she didn't live up to it then, I do wonder if she's since popped. I haven't seen her at an event in weeks. Anyone have any idea? Either way--Mazel tov, Rachel!
* The Mulleavy sisters--the designing duo behind Rodarte--celebrated their MOCA Exhibit with a private preview and chic dinner at Mr. Chow's in Beverly Hills. The night's fashion and art aficionados included Elijah Wood, Felicity Jones, and Sebastian Stan. Click here to read more about the evening.
That's nearly it. Other than a couple of additional news items...
* Old news now? Sure. But I'll share the following anyway! Rachel Zoe gave us her take on Oscar trends. And Glee Costume Designer Lou Eyrich teased Gwyneth Paltrow's on-screen style. Yes, I know... News is only news as long as it's NEW. That'll teach me to hold onto items for too long.
Anyway, there's more to soon come. (And this time sooner rather than later.) XO!
2/15/11 :: On Newsstands Now...
A few months back, I had the pleasure of covering the Children's Defense Fund's 20th Annual Beat the Odds Awards. Sofia Vergara, Conan O'Brien, and Zoe Saldana were among the celebs in attendance. My event piece is now on newsstands in the March issue of InStyle Magazine (with Julianne Moore on the cover).
Click here to check it out now and be sure to pick up a copy!
2/14/11 :: The Grammy Awards...
The Grammy's 2011 edition has come and gone. Naturally, there were winners, losers, and major upsets. Luckily, there were enough pre and post parties for the victorious to celebrate and for all others to drown their sorrows.
EIF's Unforgettable Evening kicked off my Grammy weekend. There, Cee-Lo Green pinch hit for Rihanna (who'd called in sick) with an award-worthy performance of his hits including F*** You and Crazy. Conan O'Brien, Rita Wilson, and Billy Crystal were among those who honored Martin Short and Annette Bening for their support of the Women's Cancer Research Fund. Click here to watch my video interviews from the evening.
The next morning, it was off to the UNICEF Women of Compassion Awards where ladies lunched while honoring Frida Giannini (Gucci's Creative Director) for her philanthropic efforts. Jennifer Lopez presented, while Mary J. Blige, Camilla Belle, and Marc Anthony watched from the audience. Click here to check out my video coverage from the affair.
Next I stopped by Gucci & RocNation's Pre-Grammy Brunch at West Hollywood's Soho House. Beyonce, Jay-Z, Ellen Pompeo, and Will Smith enjoyed small plates of black angus carpaccio and tuna ceviche while shimmying to tunes spun by celeb DJ's Solange Knowles and Mark Ronson. Check out my online coverage here. More will appear in an upcoming issue of InStyle. (Oh and while there, Florence + The Machine's Florence Welch dished on what inspired her Grammy dress. Turns out swans are big this season?! Could Natalie Portman's Oscar nominated film have anything to do with it? Click here to read more.)
2/1/11 :: The SAG Awards (and it's pre-parties)...
Over the weekend, the Screen Actors Guild picked their favorites in television and film with Natalie Portman, Colin Firth, and Modern Family nabbing top honors. Fellow nominees Nicole Kidman (who stunned in Nina Ricci) and Mark Wahlberg (who produced and starred in The Fighter) stopped to discuss the SAG Awards on their way inside. Click here to watch my video interviews from the red carpet.
The night before, I covered Entertainment Weekly's Pre-SAG Party at the Chateau Marmont in Hollywood. Click here to read my piece for WWD featuring Oscar nominees Mark Ruffalo and Amber Tamblyn. And the always gorgeous Rose McGowan showed up in a show-stopping pink Issa dress, reminiscent of Kate Middleton's engagement gown. Despite their mutual love of the British brand, McGowan & Middleton's style similarities only go so far. Click here to read more about that on InStyle.com.
A few days earlier, Elle Magazine celebrated Women in Television at a private Soho House dinner. Guests enjoyed a little female bonding over a three-course meal of burrata and roasted squash salads, wild Alaskan black cod, and chocolate tarts.. I had the pleasure of sitting with No Ordinary Family's Julie Benz, who is a down-to-earth doll. Sofia Vergara, Cat Deeley, and Rachel Zoe also attended the Ports 1961 sponsored affair. Click here to read all about it!
Days earlier, Abbie Cornish was honored at the G'Day USA Gala where she wore Elie Saab and debuted new hair. "I just wanted to go back to my natural color," she said of going blonde after her brief stint as a brunette. Click here for more from the event.
And stay tuned for more Hollywood happenings!
1/21/11 :: New InStyle Magazine Features...
The Golden Globes may be over, but award season isn't. Here's what I've been up to, so far...
* On newsstands now--in the February issue of InStyle Magazine! Heidi Klum, Goldie Hawn, and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz appear in my pieces from the Decades Denim and Theodora & Callum launch parties. Check those out online by clicking here.
* At the Bulgari Benefit for Save the Children US and Artists for Peace & Justice, I caught up with Olivia Wilde, who dished on her stunninng Golden Globes dress. Click here to check that out. (Also keep an eye out for my full coverage from the event in an upcoming issue of InStyle.)
* Then it was onto the Critics Choice Awards where both Mila Kunis and Hailee Steinfeld had Golden Globes glamour on their minds as well. Click here to read about Mila's dress, and here to read about Hailee's.
From there, I hit the BAFTA Tea Party, and HBO's Post-Golden Globes Bash... And now? Well, after a few days of catching up on zzzzz's, I'm well rested and ready to go!
1/11/11 :: Palm Springs, Oprah, CoverGirl, and more!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! I just said to my fianc�: "Have I blogged in the new year just yet?" Imagine my surprise when I realized I haven't written since early November! (Sorry Grandma Fran! And anyone else who is reading!) Perhaps, I should add "update site more consistently" to my list of New Year's resolutions, but let's be honest--I rarely keep them anyway!
Since January 1st hit, I've been working up a storm. (And before then I was avoiding all things that didn't involve food, friends, and family--which included the internet. Well, that's a half lie. I did do my fair share of online sale shopping. I even found my wedding dress online, which I'd love to describe, but my fianc� is old fashion and adamantly wants to know nothing before the big day. Fair enough.) Anyway...
Onto what you really care about... the latest Hollywood happenings. Let's start with the most recent and backtrack from there:
* Over the weekend, I attended the Palm Springs International Film Festival's Awards Gala where I spoke with Natalie Portman, Ben Affleck, Mark Wahlberg, Amy Adams, James Franco, Colin Firth, Javier Bardem, Carey Mulligan, Jesse Eisenberg, Aaron Eckhart, Robert Duvall, and more! Click here to check out those video interviews.
* Before that, I chatted with *the* Oprah Winfrey about her new network -- OWN. She told me that, like most of us, she used to question her life's purpose. "I was thinking it doesn't make sense to be able to make this kind of money to buy shoes. What is all this for?" she admitted. Click here to watch more of my interview with The Big O.
* Following the People's Choice Awards, CoverGirl through a 50th Anniversary Bash which included Drew Barrymore, Cat Deeley, Sophia Bush, Amber Riley, and more--who shared their winter beauty secrets. Click here to check that out. That night, I also caught up with Lauren Conrad who told me all about her new fashion line. Click here to read all about it.
And forgive me for being delinquent on sharing these items from the end of last year...
* MOCA unveiled their new exhibit with a slew of stars like Malin Akerman, Rachel Bilson, and Rose McGowan. Click here to watch my video interviews with the group.
* Sir Richard Branson hosted his annual Rock the Kasbah gala with a little help from Jennifer Love Hewitt and Justin Long. Click here to watch my video coverage of the night.
Told you I was behind. I'll try to be better about sharing this year. Consider it a resolution.
main graphic/Mike Stern :: content, design/Lindzi Scharf
All rights reserved, �1997-2011 Lindzi.com